Ron B Lfy

Others Need to be Aware Before Dealing with this Company

I made the mistake of buying a late model, low mileage top of the line BMW SUV from the Newtown Square location. They gave me the key for a test drive and the vehicle had no fuel.

Dash said two miles to empty. So I headed to the nearest gas station and put $20 of premium gasoline in the vehicle at my expense, and then noticed the vehicle handled horribly because all of the tires were 10 to 15 psi low on air. Took it back and told them I didn't want it. They offered to fill the tires with air and offered another test drive.

It took 1/2 hour to fill the tires to the proper inflation level because all they had was a cheap Chinese battery powered pump that ran out of power on the fourth tire and they didn't have an extra battery. They told me they would include 2 working key fobs if I bought it, that everything would be checked over from top to bottom, and promised the vehicle would be in perfect condition if I bought it. Reluctantly I decided to buy it. The paper work was wrong and was over $1000 higher than what we agreed on.

They told me they made a mistake and charged too much tax and after more wasted time, they rewrote the paperwork correctly. I picked it up, and only one key fob worked. They said they would send me a battery for it. They never did.

The fob still didn't work with a new battery that I bought, and I ended up going to the BMW dealer to get the FOB reprogrammed for $450. The FOB they gave me wasn't even for that vehicle! Auto Lenders would do nothing for me. However, it gets MUCH worse.

I parked the vehicle in my new garage overnight and the next morning noticed oil and coolant all over the floor. Closer inspection revealed it was engine oil in the middle, coolant on the left side and gear oil on the right side all over the floor. Also the armrest heaters didn't work and the rear hatch release didn't work. Nor did the second key fob.

So the next business day (less than 48 hours after I left Auto Lenders) I called John in the service department at the Newtown Square location and he told me nothing was covered under the warranty because I "must have modified the vehicle". The vehicle was absolutely NOT modified in any way, shape or form. Finally realizing how dishonest and unethical these people at Auto Lenders are, I took it to the BMW dealership who fixed it all up and recorded the issues they found by video and also recorded all of the repairs in explicit detail with video. The bill was over $3200 which I negotiated down to a little over $2400.

I called Auto Lenders back many times and was ghosted. No calls were returned and emails were ignored. Once they cashed my check, I obviously meant nothing to them. Using resources on the internet, I found John Chunko was the Service Director over all locations, and it took more than 15 calls, emails and the threat of legal action to finally get a return message.

No one at the Newtown Square PA office would give me John's name or contact information. I had to research this all myself on the internet from other complaints. After numerous calls and email messages over the next several months, John finally admitted the vehicle was defective but would only offer a little over $1200 in reimbursement. And it wasn't until after dozens and dozens more emails and phone calls until I actually received the check.

Since then, I found additional issues with the vehicle that will need to be repaired but it's just not worth the hours and hours of time and effort it takes to try to get Auto Lenders to honor the warranty to do the right thing.

Any promises of any warranty they may give you simply isn't worth the paper it's written on when dealing with such an unethical, dishonest organization. These people are in the business to tell you anything you want to hear during the sale, and the minute the rear wheels leave their lot, you're completely on your own.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Unethical
  • Unreputable

Preferred solution: Reimbursed for the money I had to spend to fix all the problems with the vehicle.

User's recommendation: Stay away!

Guest

I was contacted by Auto Lenders after posting and they took care of the issues. I appreciate that they reached out to me and made this right.

View more comments (1)
Peter R Qao

Verified Reviewer

I just want to solve the issue.there’s gotta be a solution

Truck is in safe to drive.. location can't find issue, they find Other stuff to fix not addressing the topic issue it's been almost a year. The service is wonderful the staff is great.. my issue just has not been solved.. however I am being told that a cod is needed.. I have brought the truck in with the engine Light on and in the shop for weeks and still the same stuff occurs. Now my engine fan runs when I turn it on also theres a front end rattle That was not there when it went In. I just dont get it..
Pros:
  • From management to sales to service department
  • Wonderful staff
Cons:
  • Situation i believe is unique just need help

Preferred solution: I would like to get an another truck that’s not having these issues at all.i would like to transfer to another truck without putting down a penny have same payments ..

User's recommendation: Make sure that your getting what you needs are demanding

map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

Safety issue

Purches an 2018 Acura MDX. The cars wiper blades are so bad they just smear water accross the glass.

Car was dirty. They told us we dont detail cars only have a couple of 21 year old guys back there. Ok. So thats why are car is dirty.

So that makes it ok. Terrible shimmy above 50 mph. Tires I never heard of on the car. Even tire rack never heard of them.

To make it worse. 1 lug nut fell off. Found 3 other lug nuts loose on the car. Called and left a message for the GM.

He has the salesman call me. Still waiting. I guess now that the car is sold.

We are on the bottom of the priority list. This has been bad from the get go

User's recommendation: Don’t go there!!!

Sean C Vzu

| map-marker Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey

Complaint

Bought an Audi Q7 that had the roof racks in the back of the vehicle. The salesman said to just return and the service department would mount them because it was Saturday and they left already. Now they say they're not responsible for it since it requires a key lock. They're backing off the salesman's promise. This is the 8th vehicle my family had purchased and feel this is horrible service after spending this amount of money.
Cons:
  • Not fulfilling promises
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Roof racks mounted properly

User's recommendation: Don't buy from Auto lenders

thewoman

Do your homework proceed with caution

Their cars are being stored outside in a field year round. When they come in from auction they get washed, photos taken to sell then listed!!

Then...they go right back to the field outside! The fabulous inspection they claim each car gets is a farce! They ONLY and possibly get an inspection is IF someone is coming to view the vehicle! Thats why they INSIST you make an appointment to view a vehicle!!

Dont be fooled! Your inspection may or may not have happened and god knows how long your car was rotting in the field outside!! Lol

I highly recommend getting a pre purchase car inspection from an independent auto mechanic especially if you are driving any distance to and from the dealership! And if they won't let you??

RUN!! Look on the carfax and see how long the car has been with auto lenders? What repairs have THEY done as opposed to the previous owners? Any???

Or none?? Being a detective ahead of time can save you some time, aggravation and some hard earned money!! OH! And just because the salesman says so or "assures" you of something doesn't make it true or FACTUAL!

Get it in WRITING! Text, email or other will work in court ...not ,"We'll he said so!"

Do not take anyone's word for anything!

Get all important information in writing!

Get your own independent inspection..its worth every penny!

Read ALL the fine print in your "warranty"

If you have any major issues with the car ie: engine/tranny right away RETURN it! Its not worth it to "wait" and see if you got a lemon!!

Do NOT let an aggressive salesman pressure you into anything your not comfortable with!!

Dont let yourself be bullied!! Their paycheck depends on YOU!!

They are not you friend!

Good luck!

Pros:
  • Low prices
Cons:
  • Lies

User's recommendation: Get it in WRITING

Melissa h Bgl

Sales prevention department

So a week ago I attempted to use their EXPRESS buying system! Supposedly you pick your car, buy online and pick it up!

Well thats a flat out lie!! I called them to pay and they WOULDN'T let me! Yep! WOULDN'T let me!

Told me they don't do express and I had to come into the dealership 4 hours away! There was no way I could purchase the car any other way!! So it was a week of back and forth nagging ect ect - I tried every way possible to buy online and have transport pick it up and all my offers were refused! So we just couldn't make it in that weekend and rescheduled for the following weekend ...In the meantime they kept lowering the price of the car!!

I offered to pay them $15,000 a week before when they wouldn't let me! Then they lowered it to $14,495 ....then Monday at 4am for no reason to $14,295!! Then low and behold I get a call today its sold to someone else!! I believe they were trying to sell it before we got there to someone else for spite!

Theres no other reason! These jerks literally lost the company $500 for no reason whatsoever!! I never haggled the price!!! Idiots!!!

The express buy/free ship on cargurus is FALSE ADVERTISING! The little video and site for express buying does NOTHING!! Its useless!! They need to stop advertising free shipping to Pittsburgh because thats a lie!!

And if I were the owner?? Alex D. would be gone!! Terminated!!

Feel free to contact me with any questions I saved all text messages and emails for reference. Little do they know my husband's company is always looking for car dealers to work to supply with their fleet of 200 company cars!! I would absolutely tell them do NOTget near these pond rats!! Not only did they loose my business they lost a heck of alot more!!

SHADY USED CAR DEALERS! Dont trust them!!

User's recommendation: Run

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Warning for others my bad experience

Auto Lenders - Warning for others my bad experience
Auto Lenders - Warning for others my bad experience - Image 2
I both my car 3/10/2022 it was problem on 4/7/2022 Im not even good help from them they repair on the same date but same problem came on next day I call the them return on 3rd day not even a good help from auto lenders even though Just less than a month they are rude so much bad experience
Loss:
Pros:
  • Look of the showroom

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Not to buy any car from auto lenders

map-marker Whiting, New Jersey

New customer

LikeBought a 2017 jeep very pleased with all the transitions they took my car for trade surprised no issues every one acted very professional i was treated with dignity and respect
Guest

how what the transaction process when you received the check at pickup? Any issues cashing or holding? Advised to ensure it cleared prior to them taking vehicle.

Awful Experience

Took our vehicle the auto lenders in Berlin in the beginning of October . Ended up paying over $6 hundred dollars to get the throttle fixed . A few days later the light came back on & the same situation was occurring . We were told that defective parts may have been ordered so , new parts were ordered . They also claimed to have driven the car 30 miles with no issues . 1 week later the car was still shaking when turned on. When trying to break the break was stiff which put my family in danger . The toll truck had to be called . Now , they said this had nothing to do with the throttle it was the spark plug that blew so we ended up leaving our vehicle in the shop . They called us and said “ Your car is ready for pickup , you can not leave it in the shop for more then 2 days . You can pay over the phone and we will drop it off . So , i go and pay the $350.00 the man gives me the keys to the car and now when i turn in the car it’s still shaking and the engine light still came on . I’m really frustrated because now this is the fourth time We’ve had to leave the vehicle in the shop this month & pay out of pocket with no refund . Every time we go there’ are always different reasons as to why the car isn’t working correctly . I seriously believe the workers aren’t doing their job correctly and this is unacceptable .
map-marker Pottstown, Pennsylvania

Try to scam

went online to sell my vehicle to them , they give you one price , when they come out its not even close . false claims. do not use them.
Guest

You Pissed Consumer have no validity to your claim by your own statements. You want to sell your vehicle online?

False claims? No reasonable person sells a vehicle to a company.

John M Jtd
map-marker Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey

Very nice experience.

My wife and I went to the Auto lenders in E.H.T about 3 weeks ago, but the truck I was interested in was just sold. The sales person, John Riland, told us he would keep looking for. He even called me weekly to let me know that he hadn't forgotten us. Yesterday, Oct. 15th, he called me about another truck he had and asked if I was interested. John Riland was very nice and accommodating, as was the entire staff, and I bought the truck. He even called me the following day to ask me how I liked the truck and informed me that my first oil change is free. John is an asset to your company. Great job John Riland and the person that hired him.
Pros:
  • Very nice
Good customer service
map-marker Monroe Township, New Jersey

Bad experience. I'm heartbroken

I bought a jeep little over year ago and its been in for repair several times. I bought expensive warranty and have paid for many of the repairs myself. Currently driving a rental that i am paying for myself from Enterprise. I dropped my car off to autolender service center on sun nite and its now fri nite and i have not received 1 phone call from them. I called them a few times and have been told the car is sent to a dealership and it is out of their hands. So my car is not where i dropped it off and im not sure where it is and i dont know whats wrong with it or when im going to get it back. Im heartbroken.

THEY ARE SCAMERS.

Wanted to trade in a 2007 F-150 4x4 5.4 engine tinted windows new headlamps new brake lamps brand new rebuilt transmission brand new tires they don't want to give me $2,000 for the trade in when the truck is worth $7,500 and I needed a cosigner they *** *** they are rip-offs like everybody else out there
Pricing issue

State inspection and oil change

Scheduled an appt. on feb 22 @ 9:00. When i got there I was told that the tech doing state insp will not be in until the following tues. I took off a few hours from work to make the appt. No call to advise me which is totally unacceptable customer service. Who ever the manager is of the Cross Keys Road service center should be more deligent and caring of their customers. I had to go elsewhere for my service. Michael ***
Poor customer service
map-marker Toms River, New Jersey

Not happy with my last service appointment

ON 1/22/2018, I had a service appointment I told them I need a oil change. and my low pressure light was on. also I had a problem with my tires they losing air. SO I ended up paying 190.22. First they call me and try to talk to me in to spending almost 300.00 for new tires. Nope that wasn't happeneing, they said you need a new air pressure light you need a wheel alignment your drums need to be cleaned WTF. ENDED up getting my drums cleaned my oil change and a 25.00 dollar check up which was a waste of money. The 25.00 dollar charge was point less because cause they didn't air the tires up, why I am saying that is because GOOD YEAR air edthem up the air pressure light went off and I got a wheel alignment and new tires for way less then what you people were gonna charge me. Being a single woman I feel they put pressure on you to spend money. Not really happy with Toms River AUTO LENDERS. THERESE LAROSA
Pricing issue

Repainted Lexus

My wife bought a Lexus SC430 from Autolenders. The Carfax was clear but later, after we slowly watched the clear coat peel off half the car, we were told by a Lexus dealer that half the car had been repainted.

We took the car to several other mechanics to confirm, and it was immediately obvious to all the mechanics that it had a bad re-paint job. It should have been obvious to Autolenders; but they never told me about the paint job. Either they're incompetent or withheld the info.

...you decide. We eventually paid a Toyota dealer $5000 to repaint the entire car with a lifetime warrantee.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article